Published and promoted by Paul Mercer, 58A Wards End, Loughborough LE11 3HB This site only uses cookies in order to collect anonymous usage data for Google Analytics and StatCounter. By using this site we assume that you are happy to receive cookies.
Cowdray Close Cowdray Close is one of the roads in Loughborough named after Type II Hunt-class destroyers that served with the Royal Navy in the Second World War. HMS Cowdray was ordered on 4 September 1939 under the 1939 War Emergency Build Programme as job number J1116. She was completed on 29 July 1942 and adopted by the town of Chichester, West Sussex, as part of ‘Warship Week’ in 1942. On 8 November 1942 HMS Cowdary sustained extensive damage during service in the Mediterranean. Repairs took most of 1943 and 1944 and she only saw a total of three months active service during the Second World War. In mid-1945 she was prepared for service in the Far East, but only completed a few weeks in the East Indies before returning to the UK in November 1945.
Published and promoted by Paul Mercer, 58A Wards End, Loughborough LE11 3HB
Cowdray Close Cowdray Close is one of the roads in Loughborough named after Type II Hunt- class destroyers that served with the Royal Navy in the Second World War. HMS Cowdray was ordered on 4 September 1939 under the 1939 War Emergency Build Programme as job number J1116. She was completed on 29 July 1942 and adopted by the town of Chichester, West Sussex, as part of ‘Warship Week’ in 1942. On 8 November 1942 HMS Cowdary sustained extensive damage during service in the Mediterranean. Repairs took most of 1943 and 1944 and she only saw a total of three months active service during the Second World War. In mid-1945 she was prepared for service in the Far East, but only completed a few weeks in the East Indies before returning to the UK in November 1945.
This site only uses cookies in order to collect anonymous usage data for Google Analytics and StatCounter. By using this site we assume that you are happy to receive cookies.