Published and promoted by Paul Mercer, 58A Wards End, Loughborough LE11 3HB This site only uses cookies in order to collect anonymous usage data for Google Analytics and StatCounter. By using this site we assume that you are happy to receive cookies.
Radmoor Road Radmoor Road was originally known as Radmoor Lane and it led to a large house called Radmoor what is now the site of Loughborough College. Radmoor House Radmoor House was built in the late 1870s and was first occupied by Arthur and Rose Paget and their eight children and seven servants. Paget worked as a engineer and was responsible for inventing a steam-powered hosiery machine. Following Pagets death in 1895 the family moved away and by 1911 it was occupied by Ernest Edwin Cotman. Coltman was the son of Huram Coltman, Mayor of Loughborough in 1896-97, and founder of H.Coltman & Sons. The company built steam engines and boilers. In 1920 the company was taken over by Herbert Morris. By the 1930s, the house had become Loughborough Nursing Home and was subsequently taken over by Loughborough College of Art. It was sold in 2012 and subsequently became student accommodation. Radmoor Recreation Ground was established beside Radmoor House as part of the building of the terraced housing in the area. 1841 Census The 1841 Census records that two families lived on Radmoor Lane – the Bents and the Harrisons. Robert and Lois Bent, both born in 1791, have three children – Mary, Robert and Joseph. Robert died in 1852 and Lois then moved to Wards End where she ran a grocery shop. The 1861 Census records her still working as a shopkeeper, aged 71, and living with her grandson Herbert Murden. William and Jane Harrison were both born in 1786.
Published and promoted by Paul Mercer, 58A Wards End, Loughborough LE11 3HB
Radmoor Road Radmoor Road was originally known as Radmoor Lane and it led to a large house called Radmoor what is now the site of Loughborough College. Radmoor House Radmoor House was built in the late 1870s and was first occupied by Arthur and Rose Paget and their eight children and seven servants. Paget worked as a engineer and was responsible for inventing a steam-powered hosiery machine. Following Pagets death in 1895 the family moved away and by 1911 it was occupied by Ernest Edwin Cotman. Coltman was the son of Huram Coltman, Mayor of Loughborough in 1896-97, and founder of H.Coltman & Sons. The company built steam engines and boilers. In 1920 the company was taken over by Herbert Morris. By the 1930s, the house had become Loughborough Nursing Home and was subsequently taken over by Loughborough College of Art. It was sold in 2012 and subsequently became student accommodation. Radmoor Recreation Ground was established beside Radmoor House as part of the building of the terraced housing in the area. 1841 Census The 1841 Census records that two families lived on Radmoor Lane – the Bents and the Harrisons. Robert and Lois Bent, both born in 1791, have three children – Mary, Robert and Joseph. Robert died in 1852 and Lois then moved to Wards End where she ran a grocery shop. The 1861 Census records her still working as a shopkeeper, aged 71, and living with her grandson Herbert Murden. William and Jane Harrison were both born in 1786.
This site only uses cookies in order to collect anonymous usage data for Google Analytics and StatCounter. By using this site we assume that you are happy to receive cookies.